As of last week, we gradually re-opened our acupuncture and Arvigo Therapy (ATMAT) services. This will not be back to business as usual, and there will be some significant changes that are expected to be long-lasting. We are committed to keeping our patients healthy and continue to monitor the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation daily. The safety of our patients has always been our number one priority.
Our acupuncture physicians and team members are regularly trained in clinical safety, OSHA and CDC safety standards and consistently follows CDC guidelines for acupuncture practices. We have state-of-the-art infection control policies, procedures and systems in place that demonstrate safe and infection-free delivery of acupuncture and related therapy modalities that meet or exceed the Centers for Disease Control’s Standard Precautions for Healthcare Professionals.
During these uncertain times, we urge you to take care of yourself, which also includes seeing your healthcare providers. Our clinicians and team members remain here to assist you with your healthcare needs and are available to answer any questions you might have.
How to protect yourself and stop the spread of germs
- Sanitize your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- You may be asked to put on a face mask to protect others.
If you feel sick
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please inform our front desk and we will kindly reschedule your appointment:
- Coughing/Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath/Difficulty Breathing
- Chills/Sweats/Repeated Shaking with Chills
- Chest Pain or Respiratory symptoms
- Muscle Pain
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
Additional measures to further protect our patients and team members
- Pre-Screening: We will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. We will ask those same questions upon arrival for your appointment in addition to recording your temperature. If you have a cough, temperature or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19, we will kindly reschedule your appointment.
- Direct-To-Room: Before your appointment, you have the option to stay in your car instead of the waiting room until we are ready to seat you in your personal operatory. Simply call us upon arrival and we will let you know when we are ready for you.
- Protect Yourself: We encourage you to utilize our hand sanitizer, wear a mask and continue social distancing for the near term.
- Minimize Spread: Leave unnecessary personal items such as bags and sweaters at home before coming into the clinic.
- Team Member Screening: We are also screening our team members twice daily to ensure the safety of patients and team members
We are confident that our policies and procedures in place are best practice according to our guidelines, and will continue to monitor for changes.
Those looking for in-person services will need to be screened before their appointment either through phone (954-765-6505) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Since the state of Florida still puts a high priority on physical distancing, we will still be putting a strong focus to our available virtual services as well. You may request an in-person or virtual visit online as well as by calling our office during normal clinic hours. To request your visit online, click here.
As we know these changes during the pandemic have been extremely stressful for everyone, we’ve put together a special guide we like to call our “FCW At-Home Survival Guide!”
To download the guide, click here!
We are looking forward to assisting you as best as possible during this time!